We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT BE HELD ABOUT ME?
Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products through the Website, over the phone, through store kiosks and/or store till points.
- Submit rate and reviews.
- Use Kanyä London applications on Facebook.
- Use Kanyä London mobile shopping application.
- Enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting.
- Join Kanyä London reward scheme.
- Sign up to marketing/newsletters including email and SMS.
- Use our customer services web-chat facility.
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- The information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP addresses.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- The information provided to us by other companies who have attained your permission to share information about you.
INFORMATION WE REQUEST AND HOLD INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Your name, age, date of birth and sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
We, or third-party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website.
- To manage your marketing preferences.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- In the event that you purchase goods on Kanyä London website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To verify your identity.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number, which you may have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- Market research purposes.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes.
- To assist with any of your customer queries.
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
- To provide an e-receipt for a store purchase.
Unless you have not consented to, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail channel .
WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT TO THIRD PARTIES IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as it is necessary to enable us to do such checks. The third parties, which may include credit reference agencies, may keep a record of the information provided.
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third-party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organizations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of Kanya London Limited, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and our official stockists.
- We do pass your details to our dedicated Customer Service Centre, who adhere to the UK Data Protection Acts 1998, and who will use this data solely for the purpose of answering your customer service queries.
- We may pass your information to the third parties in order to fulfil and/or dispatch your orders. The third-party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
TRANSFERRING DATA INTERNATIONALLY
By using and/or shopping on the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
PAYMENT CARD DETAILS
We process your payment card details in order to complete the purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and the kiosk, and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to the third-party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails. You may opt out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
Kanyä London will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in Kanyä London email to you, which refers to your original query. Kanyä London will ever ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted Kanyä London first. If you have not contacted Kanyä London, please ignore any email claiming to be from Us which asks for personal details and let us know about it.
If we ever require your personal information other than when you have already contacted Kanyä London with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.